NY in the Summer

Saturday, August 16, 2008


The last days of summer are here, and I'd like to reflect on the last few months and fill in the sizable gaps that have appeared between writings here. It's been quite an eventful time!

First, the summer has been a season of new things. I live in a new home; it took a couple of months to get settled, but I'm finally done. The final touches were added these last few weeks, and I am really happy. (On a side note: IKEA + Brooklyn = Insane.) 

In other 'new' news, my pool team De-Railed leaves for Las Vegas to compete in a national 8-ball tournament tomorrow . It's my first time both visiting Vegas as a grownup and playing in a national tournament. Thank you to everyone who has sent good luck my way. Check out the design I created for our team shirts: 




The summer has also been a reminder of how many amazing people I'm blessed to have in my life. Visits to and from friends and family recharged my batteries and helped me to shake some of NY's grime off of my inside. I got back in touch with what makes me happy. I hope to see more of you all, wherever you may be.

Lastly, it's summer in NY: my favorite season! In addition to the traditional Shakespeare in the Park (Note: The first act of Hamlet = Amazing; the second act = WTF???) there have been a couple other cool happenings. One was a painful-in-a-good way kayaking trip from 56th St. to Hoboken, NJ and back. My friend Fredie and I will repeat that one in September. Another was a last-minute discovery that one of my favorite musicians & composers, Gustavo Santaolalla, was playing with an amazing Tango-Lounge-Rock group called Bajofondo (Google them!) at Central Park's Summerstage. I got to see them from the front row.

So yeah.... wherever we go, there we are. Hope you are happy and healthy.

0 comments:

 
Matt Was Here - Templates para novo blogger