First Post of 2009

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Happy new year everyone! After traveling westward to spend Christmas and New Year's in Arizona, I'm back in New York having spent the last few days trying to cure the common cold. Well, my common cold at least. I had a great trip and really enjoyed spending quality time with my family and friends. I hope everyone had a great end to 2008 and wish you a great 2009 as we round off the decade.


I've never really been one for New Year's resolutions. If I see something in my life that I want to change or start, I tend to do it right away. Although, for a time I did support the idea of 'monthly' resolutions. It seems less formidable when you refresh every month, and most habits are set for a long time if you can make it through the first few weeks. This time, however, I will use the start of the year as a good reason for resolving to write in this blog once a week. Here's the plan. I went and picked up a little moleskin notebook that I will carry with me at all times, ready for jotting down the random ideas I have throughout the week. Then, on weekends, I'll compile what I've written into a blog entry. Sounds good, no?

As for resolution-like things I've had in the works for a while, I am excited to get some good momentum going in the health & fitness department this year. I'm going to try to drink less beer and more wine instead, and continue eating well. I'll be getting a lot of use out of the new Foreman grill my mom gave me for Christmas, and have a new set of Bowflex 552 adjustable dumbbells arriving Monday. So the plan is to really start challenging myself during workouts and simultaneously feed my body with healthy foods and lots of protein to build with.

So, let the resolving begin. And feel free to comment/share your resolutions or goings on!

0 comments:

 
Matt Was Here - Templates para novo blogger