Funny Realization

Friday, March 21, 2008

For the longest time, I've noticed that for some mysterious reason, I always get little ads for Spam recipes atop my Gmail page. Spam tortillas, spam 'n eggs, spamwiches... I always wondered what I'd done to merit such unusual recommendations.

It only took me a year or so to figure out that it's just a part of how Google takes key words from your emails, etc., and makes recommendations based on them. Since the word "spam" is always present on my Gmail page, it's just making a recommendation based on that.

I found this really amusing. Ah, the simple pleasures.

I hope everyone has a great Easter weekend! I'll be using the time to prepare for a long 3 weeks of work and travel. To anyone in Boston, Atlanta, Seattle or Chicago: Let me know if you'd like meet up!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm. The spam ad's always appear when you look at your spam mail :-) Did you realize that?

 
Matt Was Here - Templates para novo blogger