Movin' Right Along

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Hello all! It's been a few days since I last wrote, and I'm "writing home to catch you up on places I've been." 


Earlier this week, I traveled up to Boston for work. It was my first time there since a field trip in sixth grade or so, and I took the train up. I learned that I really enjoy riding trains - certainly more so than riding on planes. There's no hassle about security checks, which is equally convenient and jarring. Second, there's a ton of leg room and personal space, which is great for people on the larger side. Lastly, it's really peaceful. You get to see new countryside up close and personal and feel closer to the neighborhoods you travel through. It's a much different experience than looking down on the country from 35,000 feet in an airplane. It made me feel introspective and calm.

While in Boston, I got a chance to meet up with two of my oldest friends, Latoya and Matt, for dinner. Two very cool and inspiring people. We had some PF Chang's - one of my favorites. It's great to see how well they are both doing in their lives, living as independent and successful young adults. The conversation turned to our times in the past and how they helped to get us where we are, and it's comforting to think that Waterbury helped to produce all of us in its own ways. It gives me a sense of roots and companionship to look back on our common experiences.

Up next on the schedule is Atlanta a.k.a. Hot-lanta. My flight's on Sunday, and I'll be back in NYC late Wednesday night. I'm going to miss seeing the Braves home opener by the slightest of margins, which is disappointing. I would've liked to see that. Oh well, baseball season is beginning and that makes me happy.

Now for your viewing entertainment, a video that fits in with all this travel I'm doing lately:

 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy your keeping us informed here on your blog. Great choice for the videos. Love that movie! Hope your travels are good ones.

 
Matt Was Here - Templates para novo blogger